You are just one flip away from the best keto pancake recipe
Congratulations! You’ve made a conscious effort to treat yourself to a healthier way of eating—that’s reason to celebrate. You’ve heard it a thousand times, but we’re going to say it again: you don’t have to sacrifice your favorite recipes in order to follow a keto diet, and we’re here to share our perfect pancake recipe to prove it.
First Things First
There are a few things you’ll need to have on hand before you can make this low carb-high protein breakfast:
- 4 eggs
- GoodSAM’s Cacao Pancake Mix
- 4 tbsp of milk (plant milk is a great substitute)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- Butter or oil (makes flipping and frying easier)
Once you’ve gathered these ingredients, you can start making your keto-friendly pancakes that will satisfy your cravings and help your body get into ketosis.
Down to Business!
Ingredients… check! In addition to the items above, you’ll also want to be sure you have a small to medium size non-stick pan and a blender to mix up all the ingredients. Just follow the steps below to make these perfect pancakes happen in your very own kitchen:
- Add all ingredients, except butter/oil, to the blender. Combine until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat your pan on medium heat. Add butter to melt and allow to spread across the pan.
- Once hot, pour ¼ of mix over the pan and wait for about 3-4 minutes, or until the edges begin to bubble.
- Flip pancake, then wait for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Repeat the whole process until all the batter is gone
You can watch how our CEO, Heather K. Terry makes hers in the following video:
A Few Helpful Tips: Take Note
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to keep in mind when you’re making these tasty treats:
- Refined flour is a no-no on the keto diet. Our cacao pancake mix is made with almond flour, a great substitute for keto eating but it also gives pancakes a nutty flavor and cakey texture.
- There are some great keto pancake toppings that are ideal substitutes for some of those traditional toppings that don’t work on the keto plan. Here are some of our favorites:
- Toasted unsweetened coconut
- Melted unsweetened peanut butter
- Ground nuts like macadamia
- These delicious chocolate chips
- Fresh raspberries and cranberries
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding these “toppings” to the actual batter. Just stir them in after blending the ingredients, right before you cook the pancakes.
It’s official, you don’t have to give up pancakes while you’re sticking to a keto plan with this recipe. Enjoy!