How to Make Chocolate Macadamia Butter
Finding a healthy diet that you can stick with is a challenge, especially if you’re focused on what you can’t have. Instead, try highlighting the flavors that you like in more healthful dishes. By doing this, you can find alternatives that fit your lifestyle AND taste good. Our macadamia and chocolate butter is the sweet treat you want, with the healthy ingredients you need.
Standard spreads like the cocoa and hazelnut butter you can buy at the store is prepared with refined sugar and oils, like palm or sunflower oil…so not exactly things we consider to be a part of a healthy diet. And the healthy ingredients, like hazelnuts, are barely even part of the recipe.
But don’t worry, we found a way to help you prepare your own spread so you can enjoy the flavors of a chocolate nut butter, without sacrificing your healthy diet. Our chocolate macadamia butter recipe below features macadamia nuts, a fun swap to the usual hazelnut spread, with an unbeatable flavor and extra creamy texture.
Ready for a healthy AND delicious snack? Grab the ingredients below and get started:
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 2 cups unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
How to make chocolate macadamia butter
- Melt ⅓ cup of chocolate chips with the coconut oil over low heat in a double boiler OR microwave one minute intervals, stirring between each interval, until completely melted.
- Add the macadamia nuts, maple syrup, coconut milk and melted chocolate chips in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store butter in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge, so you can enjoy it whenever you want!
Serving tip…try on a slice of toast for breakfast or a quick snack. Just be warned, anyone that tries your chocolate macadamia butter will expect it every time they come over, so be prepared to make more! :)